Our Kamakura Buddhist Cultural Tour with a Traditional Tea Ceremony gives you the opportunity to explore a small city bursting with cultural and historical significance. As you stroll through the narrow and winding streets of this quaint town, you’ll be given the opportunity to explore on your own after your guide has pointed out the most interesting features to see. The tea ceremony is a highly ritualized art form and is critically important from a cultural standpoint. Seeing it performed by a tea master is an unparalleled experience you won’t want to miss! Our Kamakura Buddhist Cultural Tour with a Traditional Tea Ceremony leaves from Tokyo with guaranteed departures. Book your tour today!
Kamakura Buddhist Cultural Tour & Traditional Tea Ceremony Highlights
- Explore the charming seaside town of Kamakura, filled with traditional homes and quaint gardens
- Discover the Great Buddha at Kotoku-in Temple, the second tallest bronze statue in the entire country
- Visit the Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, one of the most important Shinto shrines
- Join a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony with a tea master that will explain the secrets of this important ritual
Friendly Customer Service 7 Days a Week
Hand Picked Guides & Tour Leaders
The Best Price Guaranteed
Fully Flexible and Easy Cancellation
Kamakura Buddhist Cultural Tour & Traditional Tea Ceremony Itinerary
- Meet your guide at the Tokyo Station.
- Your day begins at Tsurugaoka Hachimangu, a majestic Shinto shrine surrounded by tranquil ponds and bursting Peony gardens.
- You'll stroll along the narrow streets, admiring the small local shops on your way, with the option to have lunch from one of the local street vendors or a quaint restaurant.
- Your next stop Kotoku-in, with the bronze Great Buddha statue from 1252 serenely watches over the city. This is the second tallest bronze statue in the entire country, and is sure to impress!
- Your day ends with a traditional Japanese tea ceremony inside an authentic tea house. This two-hour ceremony is led by a tea master, and showcases its enchanting ritualistic art form.
- Hop back on the train bound to Tokyo station (tickets included). Your tour will end at Tokyo station at 17:00.
If you have any questions about our Kamakura Buddhist Cultural Tour & Traditional Tea Ceremony, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Dates marked below in green are still available for booking. Clicking on a date will start your booking process.
Cancelations made less than 48h before the departure time will be fully charged