Our Takayama Food and Sake Tasting Tour takes you on a quick adventure through the quirky past of Takayama with a visit to the region’s oldest Sake factory and into the bustling present with a tour of an authentic local market. You’ll taste your way through the streets of Takayama, sampling local street food and Sake, with the help of an expert local guide. Be sure to come hungry; you won’t want to miss a single bite! This tour is available with guaranteed departures. Book your reservation today!
Takayama Food and Sake Tasting Tour Highlights
Takayama Food and Sake Tasting Tour Itinerary
- Meet your local guide at a centralized location in Takayama.
- The day begins with a leisurely walk through the old township of Takayama, where your local guide will give you an interesting overview about the history of this region and the fascinating culture of Takayama.
- You'll make a stop at Nakabashi Bridge, a beautiful red bridge that stretches over the rushing Miyagawa River below, for a unique photo opportunity for a postcard worthy shot.
- On your way to the brewery you'll stop by the Takayama Jin'ya, a unique government office from the Edo period, and the nearly hidden Yamazakura Shrine.
- You'll take a quick break at the Yume Koho Hida rice cracker factory, where you can make your own tasty snacks.
- The final stop of the day is the Hirase Shuzo Brewery, the oldest in the region, where you'll learn all about traditional Sake production and even do a tasting of some final products!
- On the morning tour, you will also stop at the Hida-Takayama Miyagawa Morning Market, and the Jinya-Mae Morning Market for some quick treats.
- The tour ends at the Hirase Shuzo Brewery.
If you have any questions about our Takayama Food and Sake Tasting Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Dates marked below in green are still available for booking. Clicking on a date will start your booking process.
Related Tours and Experiences
- 2 days tour
Takayama Guided Walking Tour
- 8 days tour
Kamikochi Hiking Day Trip From Takayama
- 3 days tour
Takayama Hiking Tour From Gifu
- 1 hour tour
Higashiyama Walking Tour From Takayama
- 3 hours tour
Hirayu Waterfall Hike from Hirayu Onsen
- 8 hours tour
Kamikochi Private Hiking Tour from Hirayu Onsen